Monday, January 19, 2009

Yea for Connor!!!

Tonight was a momentous night for the Kelly's!!! While Connor was visiting his Nana, Papa, and Bubba over the weekend, James and I went to my favorite store (Target) and bought Connor a "Big Boy" potty! We had previously been sitting him on the toilet with a toddler seat and giving him potty treats, but he has never pottied, but now we have a potty seat on the floor. He loves it!

I sat him on the potty tonight and went into the bedroom to get his Thomas the Train underoos to put on until bath time and while I was gone he TINKLED in the POTTY!!! YEA< YEA< YEA!!! James and I both did a little dance and Connor thought we were CRAZY!!!!

I am not getting my hopes up for potty training anytime soon, but a mother can also HOPE! All you mothers out there, you can understand. We are one step closer to getting out of diapers. In three years when he still is not out of diapers though, please don't say "I told you so." Ha Ha

Have a great week, Oh please pray for a very good friend of mine from high school, Miranda, her baby is due any day now and she is READY!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes I am one of those who has a THREE year old who refuses to potty....ugh, I guess as long as it's before kindergarten we'll be doing good ;) haha!

cmjj said...

If it makes you feel better, Jaron was almost 4 before I got him potty trained. But it only took him 4 days.....he hasn't looked back since!

Hill Country Happenings said...

Ahhh, I miss it when my 18 month old was so excited about the potty. Don't miss the window of opportunity! Ash is now 2.5 and totally defiant about the potty. We will be going to kindergarten in Diapers! GOOD LUCK!

The Hawkins Crew said...

Yeah Phin Phin! Way to go! :o)

Miranda said...

Congratulations on the potty chair...maybe he'll be a natural! And thank you for the prayers...we are ready and waiting!