Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Plastic Pond for Swimming!

When I sat down to write this blog I had many ideas for the title, but settled on Plastic Pond. We we were searching for a home about 2 years ago in the DFW area I knew that a pool would not be a good idea. With a vibrant not even 1 year old at the time I just didn't think having a pool in our backyard was a good idea. I also knew that if we did have a pool, we wouldn't have room in our yard for anything else like a playset, sandbox, and room for Molly, due to the size of backyards in this area. So with that said, I think that I am regretting that decision. I WOULD LOVE A POOL, without the upkeep and money that has to be spent on it....So James and I one night were out in the backyard playing and Connor wanted in the "big blue bucket"that we keep toys in. So we put him in, ending up stripping his clothes off and letting him play in his own "cement pond" filling it with water. I took it a little further and ran inside and got the baby soap, wash cloth, and a towel. Connor has had many of baths this summer in the "red neck swimming pool!" One evening he had his Popsicle in the "watering hole", last night he had a lollipop in the "bucket". So my $10 investment to hold outside toys in has come in quite handy and is much cheaper than upkeep of a swimming pool.
Our faucet water is very warm, it makes Connor mad. He wants "cold water, mommy". Like I have any control over it...
Some days his horns are bigger than other days. Lately they are growing. We have hit the terrible 2's! Our favorite word is "NO", and pushing friends and hitting is not out of the question for Connor when he wants his way!

I look at this sweet boy and can't imagine where the time has gone. Before I know it he will be starting Kindergarten and not long after that he won't think he even needs me...baaaahhhhh. I am cherishing these times and the memories that we are making as a family!

1 comment:

~holly~ said...

that is hilarious...I have a pic of Jax in a bucket exactly like that!! too cute!