Friday, August 27, 2010

Just the Two of Us!!

Wow, where did the last month go? It has flown by. We have been busy keeping up with these two sweet boys. It has been a learning process trying to figure out feedings, nap time, and bedtime with two kiddos. To top it off James had to be out of town and work late 3 nights in a row. My WONDERFUL brother came to help out for two nights, but the third night I was on my own. I keep telling myself I'm not the first mommy to have two kids...it can be done.

Connor is adjusting. We are still seeing a few issues here and there but mainly it is when it's just me here at home alone. He does love holding Ian and giving him kisses. He sits in front of him and makes silly faces and sounds. I can't wait to watch them grow up and play with each other. A friend brought over a meal for us the other day and a sweet gift for Connor with a note I will cherish forever...it read:
Connor,
Congratulations on your new baby. Do you want to know a secret? Right now he is just a baby but soon he will be your best friend!
Love, (Friend)
This made my heart melt and brought tears to my eyes. When I have a difficult day or the kids are both crying I think back to this sweet letter!!!
My big boy's imagination has exploded. His favorite thing to play is Toy Story. Here he is playing in the toy box in Ian's room talking on the phone.
Ian is 1 month old today!! He weighs 9lbs and 14 oz and is 20 1/4 inches long. He is taking a few short 1 hour cat naps through out the morning and then about a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon. He eats every two hours and can go about 5 hours at night He loves to be held and snuggled and is a very content baby. We are having issuses with his reflux and are in the process of changing meds again. He resembles Connor and at this point their stats are almost exactly on...another 6 foot 3 in boy. I'm going to have to take stock in a grocery store!!!!
My two loves! I looked for those cute onsies that have the month the child is on them but couldn't ever find them. So I will post a diaper boy every month with a big brother in tow!!!

Where's Waldo? I mean Ian???? Connor thought Ian wanted to play with ALL the stuffed animals.



And then....Connor had to have his picture made. Because you couldn't see Ian before, be reassured that I moved him...
What a difficult, fun, loving first month! I can't wait to see what God has in store for our lives!

3 comments:

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

awe LOVE it! Cherish these times - they go by so fast!!!!

Miranda said...

Wow...a month already!!??!! I'll be joining you very soon in the 2 boys club. It's a little exhausting just thinking about it!

erin said...

sweet boys!!! hey, michelle was the one who told me about the monthly stickers. They each have a month on them that you can stick to a onsie and you can reuse them. we both got them from etsy.com I think you can just search monthly stickers (or something of the sort) they are great! Love hearing about your family!
erin