Monday, February 7, 2011

Ft. Worth Stockyards

A few weekends ago James, Connor, Ian, and I met mom and dad down at the Stockyards. We timed it just right to watch the longhorn "run" the streets. I pictured the cattle coming out of the gates at full speed...in my mind it was going to be like the running of the bulls. NOTHING like that. These 15-20 longhorn mossied down the streets like this was their "job". It was fun to watch and see through Connor's eyes...but nothing like the running of the bulls :0)! Waiting on the cattle. It was a beautiful day to spend downtown.
Sweet Ian, smiling as always! Notice I put a leash on Sophie so we don't loose the thing!

Connor wanted his picture made with ______! Sure do wish I could remember the name. I guess that is what a 6 month old will do to you. Ha Ha



Here he is again.


Nana and Connor posing.
After walking down at the Stockyards for about an hour and a half, feeding the animals, and watching the longhorn we ate at COOPER'S! Yum Yum, it sure was good. We got enough food for a family of 12 I think. James and I didn't hesitate to bring it home and we had lunch for Sunday! What a great oppurtunity to spend time as a family and enjoy being outside!

No comments: