Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My "little squirt"

Last week and this week Connor and I have been going to "Big Squirts" swimming lessons at our local Community Activity Center. I think he is loving it. Everyday right before nap I tell him when he wakes up we are going to see Hayden (his best buddy) and go swimming. The first lesson was very successful, he did everything the instructor asked of him. Now he is way to comfortable in the water and all he wants to do is play with the instructors toys. Yesterday James surprised us at the pool, so now I have pictures to share. I couldn't figure out how I was going to get pictures, leaving Connor in the pool just isn't an option right now. He loves to splash others, kick his legs on the side of the pool, but DO NOT get water in HIS eyes! The child goes crazy. After our lessons Hayden and Connor get to go outside and play in the "big pool" (that's what Connor calls it). There is a mini slide and fountain that he can do all by his big boy self. Who knew that started this soon...but that's another blog (Me a big boy...SELF!!)! We are having a blast and he is growing up so fast. Next year he will get in the water without ME for swimming lessons!!!
Enjoy the "little squirt" pictures! This little fountain is right next to the pool. We get there a little early so that he can play in the bubblers.
This was the first time the kiddos put the life jackets on. She just wants them comfortable in them. They hated them!!!
He wanted the jacket OFF!


This is my little squirt. He didn't want his picture taken. This is another one of those things that starts way to early. "NO, mommy, NO!" I took it anyway, pictures to blackmail him with when he is older!! Can you see the ATTITUDE?



He couldn't even enjoy himself, for telling me NO.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. It seems like just yesterday you were the one in labor. haha. Can't wait until this weekend when everyone is here! Miss and love ya!

Melissa said...

He looks like such a little boy now! No more baby. I'm telling you, it is that oldest child thing...Makenna was telling me no by 8 months! Love seeing pics of him!