Monday, April 27, 2009

And it's Finished....

A couple of weeks ago Connor and I flew to DC for my cousin Paige's baby shower. While we were gone James started building the play set. When we got home James had made progress (10-12 hours), but we still had a lot of work ahead of us.
James and I worked another 10 hours together in order to get it finished. This past weekend we finished putting the swing set together...sort of!!!! We had the thing 99% finished and I BROKE the swing set portion. Let me explain...Our backyard is not level, the swings were the last to be added and the 2X4's didn't quite touch the ground. While James was carefully letting Connor swing, I decided to join him against James' advice (when I asked if it would hold me so that I could swing, he actually said "No, it won't. Don't try it."). I did anyways and the beam split and we had to take the swings down. Now we are one trip from Home Depot short of being finished.

A couple of things I learned from this experience:
1. When the box says it will take 8-10 hours count on 24-32 if your lucky!!!
2. It's difficult to build anything with a (almost) 2 year old around.
3. Working until 11:30 p.m. with a flashlight outside is not fun!
4. When your husband says, "you will break it!" You probably WILL!!!!
5. Needless to say, that incident made for a loooonnngggg day!!!!! OOPS
He is so excited to get to finally play!
A regular old monkey.

Our brave little boy. He is getting so big.



AND here it is, the beam I split because I didn't listen to my husband!!!!


The finished product...sort of!!!! (minus the swings)
Today while Connor and I were outside we were talking. He said "broke". I said, "yes Mommy broke the swings" he said "NO, Dada". I told him I broke the swings and Dada was going to have to fix it. "No, mama! Dada broke." "Oh, ok" I said. He told me I was going to fix it and daddy broke it. Poor boy he is trying to help his momma stay out of hot water. When James got home today, he explained to Connor the TRUTH!!!!
THANK YOU! Connor loves his new play set!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun!

The Hawkins Crew said...

You should ALWAYS listen to your husband!!! Ladies, take note... HAHA JK! Miss you guys! -B