Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Washington D.C.

This past weekend James and I spent some time together taking in the sights. What a beautiful city full of history. Everyone talked about the walking, but I was still wiped!!! This small town girl even rode the subway. Connor stayed here with Nana for a few days, then Grandma came in and finished up the weekend. They said he did great, I knew he would, it was me I was worried about. I missed him, but it was nice to get away and spend time with James.
This was at the National Zoo. A fantastic place, one of the only places I would have taken Connor. They were giving the elephants a bath this morning. It was an incredible sight to see these huge animals rolling around the ground obeying the keepers. All for a simple treat!
This was the most amazing, breath-taking sight. The changing of the guards. James and I stayed for about and hour and a half. AWESOME!!! We were told that the day before the President was out handing out medals.
James purchased this piece of jewelry for me while we were there...hehehe


The tour guide said it was good luck to rub the ears of FDR's doggie. James rubbed his ears also, he just didn't want his picture taken (bah humbug)! This was the first night that I got there. Notice the flip flops and Washington sweatshirt. I was not prepared! I also purchased socks to wear. As soon as we got back on the trolley after each monument I would put them on...burr!

Here we are!! James would want me to add that not only did we see the monuments and memorials, but we also found every bathroom (via ME) in the CITY!!!!!

1 comment:

cmjj said...

Wow!!! Looks like alot of fun!! You were almost in our neck of the woods...we are less than 3 hours from D.C....it's on my list of things to do while we are on the east coast :)