Monday, March 22, 2010

Leading up to the BIG TRIP

We just returned from a 7 day Caribbean cruise which was fantastic!!! With that being said the days leading up to it were anything but THAT! We were due to leave last Friday and drive to mom and dad's to stay the night before we were going to drive to Houston to meet up with the rest of the Kelly family. Thursday morning I woke up and I was so sick. I knew that I had a lot to do so I packed my trash can in the front seat of the car and took Connor to school. I had to make two quick stops (if you know what I mean) and dropped him off. By this time nothing would stay down, not even liquids!!! I called the OB and he wanted me to come in and make sure everything was okay, mentioning putting an IV in and getting my hydrated again. I began making calls and arrangements. My very good friend, Karen picked Connor up at school and kept him for 7 hours that day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Tiffany came over and drove me to the dr. and waited with me all day. James needed to stay at work and get things wrapped up because we were suppose to leave the very next day! I was very dehydrated and needed two bags of fluids and some Zofran. Mom and dad were on their way to help in any way. We decided that they would go ahead and take Connor home and James and I would be there the next day. It's a good thing, Connor got sick Thursday night and so did JAMES!!!! Boy, when it rains it pours!!! To make a long story short Connor felt much better on Friday and James was still sick until Sunday. We got on the boat Sunday morning all feeling much better. I talked with mom and dad right before we got loaded on the boat and dad got sick, later to find out mom got it too! We woke up Monday morning and Mike, James' dad was sick. UGH!!!! It took him about 2 1/2 days to recover. Overall our trip was great and I will start posting this afternoon or tonight with pictures and updates of each day of our trip. Finally, those of you who keep wanting a belly picture that will come in a few days!!! Enjoy your Monday!

No comments: