Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stop numero DOS

Our second day of excursions were on the island of Grand Cayman. This place was amazing to me. The water was beautiful and the tour we took was FUN. Mike, Kathy, Jan, Dayln and the girls did their own thing this day. I think they walked around the island and did a little shopping. James, Connor, and I along with John and Kristi visited the Turtle farm, Rum Cake factory, and went to Hell. Our tour guide was great he gave us lots of fun information about the Caymans and pointed out where all the "rich and famous" have homes. Our ship did not dock in Grand Cayman so we took a water taxi from the boat. I was a nervous wreck until our feet were on shore. I thought my sweet Connor wanted to jump right in.

As soon as we got to the turtle farm we had to make a quick stop at the gift shop and get...what else FOOD.


Connor and daddy getting to hold the turtle. They had turtles that were at least 70 years old. Their shells were about the size of our kitchen table. Interesting fact: Some turtles are let go, some turtles are used for breeding, and some turtles (the lucky ones???) are made into SOUP!



We visited Hell! I really wish I could tell you exactly what this is, but at one time it was coral. I should have listened more carefully. OOPS! This was probably Connor's least favorite things to do on this excursion. You can see the happy face, right?
The famous post office in Hell. If you look closely the sign on the door says NO Photos or Videos please! Then look even more closely to the left of the door and you see...James taking a picture. He continues to tell me that the sign said "inside the post office". Whatever you say James!!!
We didn't get in the water/beach in Grand Cayman, but our tour was worth it. Have a great week.

No comments: